Exchange rate Zcoin:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Exchange rate Zcoin on the largest Cryptocurrency Exchanges:
Table f content
- What Is Zcoin (FIRO)?
What Is Zcoin (FIRO)?
Zcoin is a cryptocurrency that was formerly known as Firo (FIRO), a cryptocurrency built on the Lelantus privacy protocol that allows users to burn their coins and rebuy them later for brand new ones that have no transaction history. Prior to Lelantus, it was also the first cryptocurrency to code and launch a practical implementation of the Zerocoin protocol which became one of the most prevalent privacy protocols in use, prior to it being replaced by Sigma and then Lelantus after cryptographic flaws were discovered in the Zerocoin protocol in 2019.
Reuben Yap joined the project shortly after its launch in 2016 and now leads the project in its overall strategy, development and research goals. Reuben has been a vocal advocate of online and financial privacy, having founded one of Southeast Asia’s earliest VPN services to combat censorship and is a well-respected speaker on the topic, with featured commentary in CoinDesk, BBC, Forbes, Nasdaq, Reuters and Cheddar News, among others. He assumed the role of Project Steward & Co-Founder in November 2019.
- The Lelantus privacy protocol, as well as its predecessor, Sigma, rely on a specialized zero-knowledge proof called one-out-of-many proofs, a method that avoids the need for a trusted setup or complex math/cryptography assumptions while retaining high anonymity sets.
- Among its other achievements, it was the first project in October 2018 to deploy Dandelion++, a method of propagating transactions that protects IP addresses from being linked to transactions.
- In November 2018, Firo's (then Zcoin) blockchain was used in the Thai Democrat Party's primary election to elect its party leader. With over 127,000 votes cast nationwide, it is the world's first large-scale political election held on a blockchain.
Include on your website a calculator Zcoin and chart XZCUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".