Exchange rate yearn.finance:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Exchange rate yearn.finance on the largest Cryptocurrency Exchanges:
Table of Contents:
- What is yearn.finance?
- Founder of yearn.finance
- yearn.finance- supply
- What is the uniqueness of yearn.finance?
- yearn.finance- numbers
What is yearn.finance?
Yearn.finance (YFI) is an ERC-20 token that is used to manage protocols in the yearn.finance ecosystem. Yearn.finance is an aggregation service for investors dealing with decentralized finance (DeFI). What's more, this service uses automation in its operation, thanks to which it allows investors to maximize profits from yield farming, i.e. a method of obtaining rewards using cryptocurrencies. Yield farming is otherwise known as liquidity extraction. Yearn.finance meets the needs of users, so its main goal is to simplify the dynamically developing space of decentralized finance for investors who are not too technically advanced or for some reason want to interact with others in a less engaged way than serious investors do. Interestingly, the creator of the yearn.finance cryptocurrency at the time of its creation decided that it would be worthless. The YFI token was to be a tool to involve users in the development of the project. The community was to get involved by giving it control of the token. According to the assumption, a bond was formed between people who own the cryptocurrency, which turned into a community that identified itself very strongly with the project. Yearn.finance users earn YFI tokens by ensuring liquidity.
Founder of yearn.finance
The founder is Andre Cronje. Yearn.finance is not the first place where Cronje meets the cryptocurrency world. When it comes to cryptocurrency experience, the founder of yearn.finance worked, among others as Blockchain Protocol Advisor in BitDiem and in CryptoCurve as Blockchain Infrastructure Engineer.
Yearn.finance - supply
There will be a maximum of 30,000 tokens yearn.finance in circulation. At the time the token sale was launched (July 2020), the total supply was 0 YFI and the employees did not receive any bonuses. Interestingly, the yearn.finance token was the first cryptocurrency whose value per unit was greater than that of Bitcoin.
What is the uniqueness of yearn.finance?
The main goal of yearn.finance was to simplify the DeFi investment process and activities such as yield farming for the wider investor sector. The target market of yearn.finance are investors who want to optimize their profits as much as possible. Investors with a shortage of time to devote to researching the increasingly complex DeFi are also the target audience. To provide investors with profit maximization, the platform uses various tools for its operation, thanks to which it acts as an aggregator for DeFi protocols such as Curve, Compound and Aave.
Yearn.finance - numbers
Finally, a few figures:
30,000 - maximum supply;
0.5% - percentage charged for each withdrawal;
5% - "gas subsidization fees", ie fees in the case of gas subsidies;
163 229.69 - this is the ATH achieved by yearn.finance in September 2020.
Include on your website a calculator yearn.finance and chart YFIUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".