Exchange rate Storj:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Exchange rate Storj on the largest Cryptocurrency Exchanges:
What Is Storj?
Storj, pronounced as "storage," is an open-source cloud storage platform. Basically, it uses a decentralized network of nodes to host user data. The platform also secures hosted data using advanced encryption. In a white paper published in December, 2014, Storj was first introduced to the world as a concept. It was to be a decentralized peer-to-peer encrypted cloud storage platform. Two years later, an updated white paper was published. Here, a decentralized network - connecting users who need cloud storage space with those who have hard drive space to sell - was described. The platform was launched in late 2018. People with hard drive space and good internet connectivity can participate in the network. They become a unit in the network, called a node. Space providers are rewarded by Storj tokens.
- Storj was founded by Shawn Wilkinson in May 2014. Wilkinson was a software developer based in Atlanta. He saw how blockchain technology could be leveraged to build a decentralized cloud storage network. Together with his co-founder, John Quinn, the first white paper was published late 2014. Since then, the concept and details have changed. The current version of Storj, V3, was launched in the middle of 2019.
- In addition to being a blockchain enthusiast, Quinn had extensive background in business development. Prior to founding his own projects (including Storj) he had been involved in the investment banking industry. The concept was finally incorporated as a company - Storj Labs Inc. in May 2015.
- At the company's inception, Wilkinson served as CEO. Later, he stepped down for a more experienced hand to take the wheel, with Ben Golub currently serving as CEO. Wilkinson is now the chief strategy officer (CSO), while Quinn serves as the chief revenue officer (CSO) as well as a member of the company's board. The platform was able to raise 910 bitcoin worth about $ 460,000 in 2014 in a public crowd-sale. They raised $ 3 million in a seed funding round three years later and then held a token sale, generating an additional $ 30 million that same year.
A decentralized cloud storage network, Storj is unique in more ways than one. For one, unlike traditional cloud storage solutions that store data in huge data centers, Storj runs on a network of thousands of independent computers. Anyone with a few extra terabytes of space can become a node on the platform by installing Tardigrade. All that is required is a strong and consistent internet connection. The efficiency of the network means that hosts pay far less for the storage of their data than when employing traditional cloud storage services.
As one of the earliest blockchain solutions, Storj's token has liquidity. Over fifty exchange platforms have $ Storj listed in pairs with other major currencies and cryptocurrencies, including Coinbase Exchange, Crypto.com and Binance. You can make a direct conversion of USD and Euro on Kraken as well.
Include on your website a calculator Storj and chart STORJUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".