Exchange rate NEAR Protocol:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Exchange rate NEAR Protocol on the largest Cryptocurrency Exchanges:
Near Protocol (NEAR) cryptocurrency
Near Protocol is a new blockchain technology project. Like Ethereum, it allows you to create smart contracts on your own Blockchain network. The main advantage and advantage of the project is a very simple, transparent and quick possibility of building decentralized applications. The first thing you can see on the project website is that building this type of application takes only five minutes. This is also a huge advantage for developers. The project has its NEAR cryptocurrency, which is used in the stacking process and to pay transaction fees, which are very small.
Near Protocol (NEAR) forecasts
NEAR is currently in 76th place in terms of capitalization. Daily turnover is at $ 24 million. The highest price of the cryptocurrency took place on October 14, 2020 and amounted to $ 1.69. Currently, the project is listed on only 9 exchanges, of which Binance is responsible for approximately 40% of the turnover, followed by 25% OKEx, 14% Huobi, 10% Bkex and 8 Bit-Z. The remaining 4 exchanges have a turnover that is negligible, not even a percent. The cryptocurrency is listed on BTC and USDT platforms, on Binance you can buy a project for the BNB you own.
Principle of operation
Blockchain Near was built by programmers from scratch to enable the simplest possible programming and creation of new applications and smart contracts. Thanks to proprietary solutions such as Nighshade and Doomslug Near, it works very efficiently, enabling the processing of up to 100,000 transactions per second. From the very beginning, the project developed as a complement, not a competition, to the Ethereum network. The consequence of this is the compatibility and acceptance by Blockchain of the project of tokens based on ERC-21 and ERC-721. The system of operation itself is also similar to Ethereum 2.0. The principle of operation is similar to PoS, so instead of computing power, the network uses validators, nodes and delegators holding the cryptocurrency. In return for staking, they receive a remuneration of 5% per annum. Transaction fees and smart contracts are destroyed. There are a billion coins in total, of which there are currently about 175 million on the market.
History of Near Protocol
Work on the project begins in 2018 at one of the most popular incubators for startups, Y-Combinator. It is there that Alexander Skidanov, who previously worked at Microsoft as the technical director of Mem SQL, and Illia Polosukhin, a research employee at Google, met and started working together. The very place where the work began, as well as talented people made the project quickly attracted by both programmers and people willing to cooperate on further development, as well as investors willing and ready to invest in Near. The result was a lot of Venture Capital companies that supported the project in the financing phase. These were well-known brands, including Coinbase Ventures, MetaStable and Pantera Capital. Then, in August 2020, the project conducted an ICO with three rounds in which NEAR tokens could be purchased.
Wallet for NEAR
The project has its own Near wallet portfolio. Next to him, Near Protocol cooperates with, among others, Trust Wallet and Math Wallet. When it comes to hardware wallets, neither Ledger nor Trezor say that it is possible to store the Near cryptocurrency on their devices.
Include on your website a calculator NEAR Protocol and chart NEARUSD using the widgets below.
Calculator NEAR Protocol
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".