Exchange rate BitTorrent:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Exchange rate BitTorrent on the largest Cryptocurrency Exchanges:
What Is BitTorrent?
BitTorrent is a popular peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing and torrent platform which has become increasingly decentralized in recent years. Originally released in July 2001, BitTorrent was purchased by blockchain platform TRON in July 2018. Since its acquisition, BitTorrent has added various new tools, with a dedicated native cryptocurrency token, BTT, released in February 2019. BTT was launched on TRON's own blockchain, using its TRC-10 standard.
The BitTorrent protocol is currently the "largest decentralized P2P communication protocol" in the world, based on its official literature.
Founder Avi Cohen says BitTorrent was designed as a replacement for the slow and expensive entertainment industry. The platform has been litigated, with Cohen stating that it does not violate copyright laws in allowing people to share music and movies. The platform has seen multiple legal battles, with Cohen maintaining that it does not break copyright laws in allowing users to share files such as music and movies among themselves. A few days after acquiring BitTorrent in 2018, TRON completed the acquisition of the company, placing BitTorrent under the control of Justin Sun. Justin Sun is famous for promoting both TRON's blockchain technology and cryptocurrency as he bid $ 4.5 million to have lunch with TRON CEO Justin Sun.
BitTorrent's original goal was to disrupt the legacy entertainment industry and how consumers obtain content. Expensive and inefficient distribution networks were the main target, with original developer Bram Cohen seeing benefits in allowing internet users to distribute content among themselves directly. BitTorrent secured a place as the go-to P2P platform in the early 2000s, while TRON stepped in 2018. Under TRON, BitTorrent expanded its user appeal to those interested in decentralized solutions and cryptocurrencies, as well as to its existing user base. BitTorrent is also expanding its paid service offerings, offering several paid versions that include VPN functionality and ad-free browsing.
BTT is tradable for cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and even fiat currencies on major exchanges. Binance, Huobi Global and OKEx are among the offerings.
BitTorrent total valuation of Market capital is of $ 2,700,355,820.37 taking the overall rank of # 65 in list of crypto, per coin BitTorrent holds value of $ 0.004093 Circulating Supply is 659,952,625,000 BTT
Include on your website a calculator BitTorrent and chart BTTUSD using the widgets below.
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".