Exchange rate Basic Attention Token:
Supply in circulation
Popularity by CMC
Exchange rate Basic Attention Token on the largest Cryptocurrency Exchanges:
What is Basic Attention Token?
Basic Attention Token (BAT for short) is the native token of the Brave web browser. BAT is based on another cryptocurrency, which is Ethereum. For its operation, it uses the ETH blockchain and a special web browser. The Basic Attention Token was launched in 2017 and serves as a reward in the advertising process that I am about to tell you about.
Who created the Basic Attention Token?
Basic Attention Token - what was it for?
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are constantly developing, and consequently many companies are looking for newer and newer possibilities of using these technologies. As mentioned before, BAT acts as a reward in the advertising process. The fundamental assumption of the Basic Attention Token is to improve the way of advertising in the times of digitization. According to the creators of BAT, the modern Internet user is flooded with various types of ads, and worst of all, he is increasingly exposed to aggressive and malicious software. The idea behind the Brave browser is to fairly reward users for their time and attention to peek an ad, provide publishers with a new source of revenue, and at the same time provide advertisers with more revenue (which must cover their advertising expenses). Moreover, Brave blocks all kinds of malicious ads and trackers.
Brave and BAT - how does it work?
In its operation, Brave uses blockchain technology, thanks to which it can safely and anonymously track the attention (the degree of mental involvement in the displayed advertisement) of users. As reported by the creators of the cryptocurrency, the attention value is calculated from the incremental duration and displayed pixels proportionally to the relevant content, before directly interacting with the ad. Surely you are wondering if collecting data in this way is 100% safe. Brendan Eich and Brian Bondy (the creators of BAT) point out that both the data about the user and the data resulting from his tracking are stored only
and only on the user's device, which ensures anonymity and privacy. Companies interested in running a campaign with Brave must pay the entire advertising budget in BAT tokens. From this pool, Brave charges a small fee (commission), and the rest is distributed to publishers and users. Publishers who have created content that grabs users' attention will be paid. Users who will also be rewarded
for watching advertisements, they will receive Basic Attention Tokens, which they can later exchange for various services on the BAT platform. By using machine learning algorithms, the browser will be able to match ads to users according to their interests, which will result in fewer irrelevant ads.
Basic Attention Token - numbers
Finally, a few figures:
- a maximum of 1.5 billion BAT tokens will be in circulation;
- 1 billion tokens are for sale;
- 366 million Basic Attention Tokens are reserved for remuneration for users and creators in the future;
- 134 million are intended for the development of the platform.
Include on your website a calculator Basic Attention Token and chart BATUSD using the widgets below.
Calculator Basic Attention Token
To run a calculator or chart on your site, please:
- Copy the code of the selected widget and paste it into the right place on your website
- You can also configure widgets as needed by modifying the parameters:
- data-crypto="" - enter a list of cryptocurrencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator. Enter the cryptocurrency shortname. You can add many cryptos, e.g. BTC, ETH, TEO. You will find a list of available cryptocurrencies here. To add all cryptocurrencies - leave the tag empty.
- data-fiat="" - enter the list of FIAT currencies that will be available in the cryptocurrency calculator, you can choose multiple currencies by entering e.g. PLN, USD, EUR, GBP. To add all FIAT currencies - leave the field blank.
- Parameters are configurable for the cryptocurrency calculator. In the case of the chart, it is not possible to add many parameters (crypto or fiat).
- To use widgets, you must include a link to your source. The link is included in the above widget codes. The link should not contain the parameter rel = "nofollow".